Myself and my Mother don’t have the greatest of relationships , through the years of tough and painful times , we were actually at a place of peace , Rebekah had lots to do with it , a child can mend lots of things :)
Sadly the other week we were at head ways again , we were all planned into share a meal for her 50th Birthday , we were all excited , I came down a slight dose of chicken pocks 1 week before the event , 2 days before we were to meet ( I was not contagious) I received a txt saying " Sunday off nick has to work" nick is my mums partner who picks us up , I replied saying not a problem my dad will bring Rebekah and I to your house so we can still celebrate your birthday , her reply was " No" so I challenged her as to why she seemed funny and didn’t want to see us , a conversation over the phone was made to which she yelled " JUST GO AWAY , GET LOST" once again I was left sad and hurt and very confused as to why she was being like this. I let her cool off, and chose not to contact her so I had a conversation with her Mum my Nana, who said sorry you cant come on Sunday its because you have the pocks and we don’t want to catch it, I said I was not contagious but they still did not want the risk which I totally understand but what a shame my Mum had to lie and couldn’t tell me the truth.
This past week I will confess I have been filled with sadness, anger and pride. Me - " I am not saying sorry I have nothing to say sorry for, why is she my mum: why do I let her hurt me all the time, its just nit fare!!!!"
In Prayer God gave me peace and challenged me to contact her, I didn’t say sorry but I txt her saying “I love you, and hope you had a great birthday and when your free it would be nice to meet and give you your gifts"
She replied, saying “I LOVE YOU!!! Cant wait to see you”.
I put my pride back where it belongs “IN THE BIN”
Pride is useless but LOVE conquers all things.
1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.
Matthew 5:25
New International Version (NIV)
25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary
Habakkuk 2: 4
Look at the proud; his soul is not straight or right within him, but the [rigidly] just and the [uncompromisingly] righteous man shall live by his faith and in his faithfulness.
Colossians 3:20-21
New International Version (NIV)
20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
21 Fathers,[a] do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.
Sadly the other week we were at head ways again , we were all planned into share a meal for her 50th Birthday , we were all excited , I came down a slight dose of chicken pocks 1 week before the event , 2 days before we were to meet ( I was not contagious) I received a txt saying " Sunday off nick has to work" nick is my mums partner who picks us up , I replied saying not a problem my dad will bring Rebekah and I to your house so we can still celebrate your birthday , her reply was " No" so I challenged her as to why she seemed funny and didn’t want to see us , a conversation over the phone was made to which she yelled " JUST GO AWAY , GET LOST" once again I was left sad and hurt and very confused as to why she was being like this. I let her cool off, and chose not to contact her so I had a conversation with her Mum my Nana, who said sorry you cant come on Sunday its because you have the pocks and we don’t want to catch it, I said I was not contagious but they still did not want the risk which I totally understand but what a shame my Mum had to lie and couldn’t tell me the truth.
This past week I will confess I have been filled with sadness, anger and pride. Me - " I am not saying sorry I have nothing to say sorry for, why is she my mum: why do I let her hurt me all the time, its just nit fare!!!!"
In Prayer God gave me peace and challenged me to contact her, I didn’t say sorry but I txt her saying “I love you, and hope you had a great birthday and when your free it would be nice to meet and give you your gifts"
She replied, saying “I LOVE YOU!!! Cant wait to see you”.
I put my pride back where it belongs “IN THE BIN”
Pride is useless but LOVE conquers all things.
1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.
Matthew 5:25
New International Version (NIV)
25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary
Habakkuk 2: 4
Look at the proud; his soul is not straight or right within him, but the [rigidly] just and the [uncompromisingly] righteous man shall live by his faith and in his faithfulness.
Colossians 3:20-21
New International Version (NIV)
20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
21 Fathers,[a] do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.



No comments:
Post a Comment